Messenger app gives your messaging a different look. It is the only app that allows you to chat and send a message to all of your Facebook friends without using the Facebook app. Facebook Messenger app is available for all devices (iOS, Android and Windows). Installing the app is free, simple and a non-time taking task. It is similar to installing a new app for your iPhone.
How to install Facebook messenger app on an iOS device
1. Start the ‘App Store’ app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Touch on ‘Search’ icon at the bottom of your screen to search for the messenger app.
3. Into the search field, type ‘Messenger’.
4. And hit ‘Search’ button on your keyboard.
5. Select the official ‘Messenger’ app develop by “Facebook.Inc” from the results.
6. Now hit the small ‘GET’ button near the upper-right corner of your device screen.
7. Tap ‘INSTALL’ button to begin installing the messenger app. You may need to enter your ‘Apple ID password’ if prompted.
Wait for the downloading to complete. Once downloading will finish, you can use it on your iOS device.
How to install Facebook messenger app on Android
1. Start ‘Google Play Store’ app on your Android phone.
2. Touch on ‘Search bar’ to search for messenger app.
3. Type ‘Messenger’ into the search bar and search.
4. Select the official ‘Messenger’ app develop by “Facebook.Inc” from the results and open it.
5. Now hit ‘Install’ button to begin the download. Tap ‘Accept’ if asked for permission.
6. Provide your ‘Google account password’ if prompted.
Wait for the app to download completely. Once downloading will finish, open the app and use it on your Android device.
How to Uninstall Facebook messenger app on an iOS device
Directly from Homescreen:
Search ‘Messenger app’ on your iOS device home screen.
1. Now press & hold on ‘Messenger apps’ icon, after a moment apps start shaking.
2. Touch ‘X’ button of messenger app.
3. Confirm with ‘Delete’ into the confirming message.
After a moment, Facebook Messenger will be uninstalled from your iPhone. You can download it again in future for free from App Store.
How to Uninstall Facebook messenger app on Android
1. Open ‘Settings’ of your device.
2. Open ‘Apps & notifications’ of ‘Apps’. It contains the list of all apps installed into your device.
3. Scroll down and find Facebook Messenger app into the Apps list. If needed then tap on ‘See all apps’.
4. Tap ‘Messenger app’ to open its settings.
5. Now, hit ‘Uninstall’ button to uninstall messenger from your device.
6. Touch ‘OK’ on the confirming message to confirm your action.
After a moment, Facebook Messenger will be uninstalled from your phone. You can download it again in future for free from the PlayStore or App Store.
From Google Play Store:
1. Open ‘Play Store’ app.
2. Open ‘Main menu’.
3. Open ‘My apps & games’ from the main menu. It will open the list of all the apps installed in your Android device.
4. Tap on ‘Installed’tab.
5. Scroll down into the installed app list and find Messenger app.
6. Tap on ‘Messenger’ from the list to open its page.
7. On the Messenger app page, you’ll see two buttons “UNINSTALL & OPEN” tap ‘UNINSTALL’.
8. Tap ‘OK’ to confirm uninstalling.
Deam Jones is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding McAfee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.